Find me on these platforms

Papertrey Ink May 2015 Blog Hop Challenge

Hello!
My card for the Papertrey Ink May 2015 Blog Hop came from a night of insomnia.  Instead of being frustrated over the lost sleep I simply got up and made my card. Using the MISTI ( which is 10% off today only) I created the repeat pattern very easily.  Then I cut the ENCLOSED: STAR and inlaid it back in.  By this time sweet sleep and peaceful rest was mine:).

When I returned to the card this morning I realized it needed more color on the star, so I cut another one, inked it in Harvest gold and glued it on top of the other.

MUCH happier with this now.
            


Inspiration photo


Thanks for stopping by,
Have a Blessed Memorial Day!


Never Forget!


LauraJane:)


11 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! Great take on the inspiration photo!

Darnell said...

I love it both ways, LauraJane, but I think I do prefer the bolder one! You have a wonderful eye for design!! Enjoy the hop!! Hugs, Darnell

Keri said...

I love how your star pops! Beautiful arrangement of color. :)

Lynn Put said...

This is very cool! Your colorful stamping along the side of the card looks awesome.

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful stamped border!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Great card and awesome design!

Marika said...

Awesome lay-out and so good to hear that you made use of those sleepless moments.

Nancy Penir said...

Yes to both ways, extra wow for bolder gold star! Love my misti! Makes the ink so bold!

Vikki H said...

great design, a real eye-catcher! the 2nd one truly pops off the page!

Joy2Scrapbook said...

Love your card design, very creative!! A real stand out in the gallery!

Jenelle said...

Awesome stamping! I love the colors and dimension you gave the inlaid die cut with the Harvest Gold layer!