Find me on these platforms

CASEing Genius One year Anniversary

Hello!
 I Hope you all had time to see the fantastic cards from the CASEing Kelly Blog Hop. It felt like Christmas for me. Seeing all the Kelly cards that inspired each Gal's CASE was very interesting.
In celebration of her one year anniversary of CASEing Genius, Kelly is asking everyone, who wants to play along, to choose a Genius post from her blog and CASE that genius then link a card here
FUN, FUN ,FUN!!
I chose to CASE 
Kelly introduced Joan to me in her Genius post earlier this year...that's the beauty of the CASEing Genius Feature...getting to meet cardmakers that may not otherwise be known to you:)
Joan not only makes admirable CAS cards but I find her sense of humor to be refreshing.
Satirical Writing is her forte. The NO.1 Best Seller, Stamping Destroyed My Life can be enjoyed currently on her blog.
As I said before, Joan's cards are very much CAS, (something I really need to work on). Often, as seen here, here, here, and here, she simply paints something fa-nominal as a focal point then stamps a sentiment and there you go!
So I painted poppies as my focal point.
 After seeing this video by IOANA, I've been obsessed with paining poppies. The technique was easy to understand and simply addictive to practice at.  You really need to check out the video:)
Here is my card:
Focal point, a few splatters, a sentiment..There you Go!
Thank you JOAN for the inspiration:)
         

Kelly asked us to Nominate someone to be a CASEing Genius and link to their blog.
GIRL, do I have suggestions:))

Also linking to

FUSION Challenge: Purple & Poppies

I combined BOTH challenges into one card
EDITED:
Thank you Brandi!

Thanks for stopping By!

LauraJane:)




19 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, this is stunning, LauraJane!!!

Michelle said...

Amazing and beautiful! Wow! I'm going to have to check out that video. I have been attempting painting poppies with limited success. :-)

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous painted poppies & fabulous card Laura! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

Lucille K said...

Beautiful, your water colored poppies are so pretty :)

Lisa Elton said...

GORGEOUS card LauraJane!!! Your poppies are amazing!

sandie said...

Gorgeous, these are just stunning LauraJane, and love the raised sentiment and splatters. Thanks for joining Fusion x

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the splatter as well. So pretty!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Oooooooooooh LOVE this so MUCH!!!!!! Thanks for adding this lovely to the gallery at FUSION!!!!!

Joan B said...

Laura!!!!! Hugs. You are amazing. Your card is beyond fabulous. Thanks so much for the very -- too kind -- words!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love it!

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! What a stunning card!! Gorgeous!! Love that image!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Darnell said...

What an absolutely gorgeous painting, er, I mean card, Laura Jane! Your work is in a league with Joan (and Kelly) and your CASE is perfection!! Hugs, Darnell

Erum Tasneem said...

OMG! This is drop dead stunning!!!! I am truly blown away!! I know I cant even come close to this but I will most definitely try to CASE this. Thank you for the shoutout I am absolutely honoured :) You are a gem <3

thecraftycavalier said...

Oh my! That is simply stunning. You painted that??? Gosh, I'm in awe. Gorgeous. Jayne x

Julie B said...

This is absolutely gorgeous LauraJane. :)

Kelly Latevola said...

You painted those??!! Ermigawd!! So gorgeous!

Nancy said...

This is an incredible card and it is beautifully CASED! Well done!

Barbara said...

OMGoodness this is outstanding and marvelous. Very well done!

Unknown said...

I keep coming back to your card in the line up. LOVE it so much. Joan is great, isn't she? Good call. Great work on your behalf. Look forward to checking out that painted poppies video. Always enjoy your work, though I don't get by here too much, or find the time to comment on everyone's work I love! You are in my orbit! :)