Valentines's Day is such a fun time to celebrate...it scares the winter blues away:)
I wanted to share a garland/bunting the kids and I made using the Waffle Flower Crafts ROSETTE HEART template Dies.
- First we started out by punching holes in some playing cards so we could string ribbon through them to create the base of the garland.
- Then we tied scraps of coordinating ribbon between the cards.
- Now the fun part:) We made the tiny hearts after watching a very helpful video from Nina at Waffle Flower. The Rosette Hearts Template Die works so well! We chose two shades of red for the hearts and newsprint for the tiny butterflies.
- I created a lacy backing using the WF LACY FLOWERS die which will be released on February 24th.
- Then we taped them to every other playing card:)
I continued playing by making a more elaborated backing for one of them using my favorite die from WF : FLOWER CIRCLES die
This one can go on top of a gift or even a cake!
I put two smaller hears together to decorate some cookies..
These are my FAVORITE GF Double Dark Chocolate cookies.
Here is the recipe.
Wishing you a warm and cozy day filled with love and chocolate!