Find me on these platforms

Papertrey MIM#250

Hello! I have a birthday card for my oldest brother using the MASKED BACKGROUND technique shared by Laurie Williams for MAKE IT MONDAY #250.
Once again I stuck to the advice of my youngest son for color choices...BLUES:))  PTI Spring Rain and Blueberry Sky were used for the BG.  I did throw a stencil on after the first inking to add more interest.
Here it is:
I used the negative space of the balloon die cut from Birthday Style die set and colored them in with Fiber Castell PITT Big brush pens and a few Smaller ones from the same company. The sentiment is from HOORAY!! I do like the brush lettered look of HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks for stopping by!

LauraJane:)

10 comments:

Karen B. said...

Love that background.

Kirsty said...

I love your colouring of the balloons!

Lyn said...

Wow I think this might be my most favourite balloon card ever :)

paperkicks said...

Beautiful!! Love the balloons against the striped background!

lainey said...

Your stenciled background is amazing! And the balloons really look like they're painted. Great job!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous background! Such a lovely arty design!

Rosemary said...

fantastic card... you have some crazy amazing coloring skills!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! Fabulous job with the challenge, LauraJane!

Helen F. said...

Balloons always shout out CELEBRATION to me, LauraJane! Your coloring with those beautiful blues looks amazing on the stenciled BG.

Lisa Elton said...

I love your balloons, what a wonderful card!!