Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Color Blooms Blog Hop

Hello There! 

Color Blooms is available to buy Here.

STAMPlorations is having a Blog hop and Linky Party using the Color Blooms Coloring Book

Each DT member participating will be sharing a photo of the page they chose to color (before) and a photo of a project where the page was used (after).

I LOVE a Before and After, don't you?





What you can do for chances of winning:

  • leave comments on the STAMP blog and on designers’ blogs
  • participate in the linky party by downloading the Color Blooms page sampler, creating a project out of it, and then linking it up.
  • like, comment, and tag a friend on our Facebook page post.
  • commenting ends and linky closes Tuesday, September 6; 11:55 p.m. Pacific

prizes:

  • ONE (1) commenter randomly drawn from our Facebook page will win a $10 gift certificate for herself and a $10 gift certificate for one friend she tags in her comment
  • ONE (1) commenter randomly drawn from all comments left on the STAMP blog and designers' blogs will win a $10 gift certificate
  • ONE (1) participant randomly drawn from the linky party entries will win a copy of Color Blooms and a $15 gift certificate

Now let's get to my project for the hop:)

My page Before coloring:
Coloring small areas and then cutting them out to use on a card later is how I like to use a coloring book..
I colored the blooms with Inktense Watercolor Pencils.
Coloring the dry pencil first and then adding a bit of water with a water brush worked best for me. Also, taking a wet brush to the pencil directly and then coloring created a more intense shading.
I have learned to write my color numbers that I use under the image for reference.

My finished card After coloring:
I trimmed the colored portion out and matted it. Then popped it onto a dry embossed and die cut card front. The sentiment is from SENTIMENT BUILDERS: Happy.

Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY Hopping!

LauraJane:)

Now if you want to join the linky party but don't have the Color Blooms coloring book yet, Shery has a Download for you HERE so you can still play along:)) Ya! Shery is amazing like that!!

Linking to:
 Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge : Anything Goes

35 comments:

  1. Spectacular coloring of the dogwoods. I found humor in you using the part of the page that had big numbers in the background for a birthday card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to repeat, but your coloring is truly spectacular. I'd love to watch you at work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your coloring and the shading on this card! It makes me happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LauraJane, you are my coloring queen! I seriously am in awe of your coloring mojo and I so love how you layered the colors on the dogwood! I'm with Maria -- I'd love to watch you at work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your colouring with watercolour pencils is just amazing. Love how you used just a strip from the page to create a card. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, LauraJane. Really beautiful as the other have said. You might want to make a video!? Thanks for the tip about adding water to the pencil itself. I think that I'll try that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! Look at that coloring :) love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning colouring,LauraJane. I am in awe of how much dimension you gave the dogwood. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you used part of the image and make it CAS! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday” Anything Goes” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work as always, LauraJane!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this image and they way you've colored it is VERY pretty!! I downloaded and printed it : ) so hopefully I will be able to play along : ) Thank you fro the inspiration.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this gorgeous coloring and the fab idea of using a part of the image like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful! Love how you colored these pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how I love your coloring! I need you to come give me a class! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Incredible beautiful LauraJane!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The coloring is so pretty.
    Love how you just used a strip of
    the page. Great idea.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Laura! I totally agree with what Maria and Shery say!! Would love to watch you at work! You have MAD coloring skills!! :) :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an understated card but a great one, love the subtle embossed background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LauraJane, I always admire your coloring work. This is one beautiful card with the Color Blooms page. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea on how you used part of this loving coloring on your card - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so beautiful ! Thanks for sharing coloring tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful! Love how you used a small section of the page to make such a big impact on the card...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow this is just GORGEOUS! I especially love the tips that you've shared with your coloring too!! Beautifully done! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wowww!! Amazing coloring!! Totally love the shades and effects!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the intensity you created with your watercolor pencils Laura. Gorgeous work of art my friend. Hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just love how the Inktense Pencils look on these pages. I am going to have to give it a whirl with mine. Lovely card too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good idea to just colour a portion of the page. It was a lot of colouring to do the whole thing and took a while but I enjoyed it and found it relaxing. Your colouring is beautiful and your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  27. LaurnJane - 'simply' gorgeous - it's such a fabulous way to use 'part' of the colouring sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful coloring! Love how you used part of the coloring page.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like how you used part of this. Beautifully colored.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so nice, I love it! The dimention from your coloring is stunning and the pop from the panel works just fine! I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous coloring! Love the highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stunning :) Jumps right out and makes you smile :)

    Love it if you would come and see what I did for the hop https://vanillahevn.blogspot.com.au/2016/09/stamplorations-love.html

    ReplyDelete

Simply splendid to hear from you!

01 09 10