Find me on these platforms

Theme and Sketch Challenge at STAMPlorations

Hello and welcome! There is a new challenge for July at STAMPlorations for Theme and Sketch.


Theme: STAMPS & WARM COLORS 


I chose to go with the Theme: Stamps and Warm Colors, with just a hint of the elements from the sketch.  Here is my card using Trendy Spring Blooms stamps and coordinating Dies.
Masks made from a few of the coordinating dies create a cool white shadow effect for the stamped images, giving a touch of depth to the floral pattern area. Then I added some gradient inking with Distress inks.  The sentiment is from BEST MOM EVER. I trimmed the panel with Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies.
So I must admit, I'm caught up in the NUVO drop trend...Not only can any size"enamel" dot be made right on the card...without the fussy gluing nightmare, but..If watered down, the solution can be used as SPLATTER:) I simply place a drop of NUVO on my craft mat, spritz with H20, mix with brush and splatter away! Perfectly color matched with the "dots"..or in this card's case, one LARGE dot.

Thanks for stopping by!

Hope to see your creations in the gallery at STAMPlorations!

LauraJane:)

4 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Oooooouuuooooooo, those Nuvo drops sound really cool... I've been holding out. Dangit! Why did you have to make this gorgeous card?!?! ;)

Craftyfield said...

I love the inlaid die technique for the flower! The splatters add that whimsy touch to what is a really a CAS card. Gorgeous!

Suchi said...

Your cards are so unique and full of life!! Beautiful card Laura! :)
Hugs
Suchi xx

Jack said...

This is a good blog post, thank you dear for making such great shares and i am totally a fan. Keep up the fine work and do keep us posted with more.