It's Looking a lot like Christmas at Inspired By All the Little Things #31
I went for a mixed media project in hopes to re-create the inspiration photo.
- For the sheet music, I glued bits of Tim Holtz tissue paper onto white cardstock
- then cover it with a light wash of white gesso.
- sanded it with a block after it was dry, for a smooth stamping surface.
- Stamped A New Day (this is the bird on a branch) in Spiced Chia dye ink
- Colored it with Watercolor INKTENSE COLORED PENCILS
- came back with the Ziggy's for details.
- Stamped several Pine Boughs from Holiday Cones in Deep Emerald and Everglade Moss
- Stamped three layers of the Poinsettia in Rose Quartz,Coral Cavern,and Valentine Red
- stamped the solid layer only for two more Poinsettias in Valentine Red
- Die cut all three Poinsettias
- Stacked them off set and glued them together with Tombow mono.
- Stamped and colored a branch with berries from Holiday Cones
- Die cut MERRY CHRISTMAS from Black fun foam and Matte Gold foil . Glued them together.
- Added Glossy Accents to each Red Berry and the eye of the chickadee.
- Added shadows with N1 and N3 Copic marker
I did make a short video coloring the chickadee and branch:))
Hope this inspires you to Create along with us at Inspired By All the Little Things!
Our Guest Artist this week is:
Be sure to check out the inspiration from the DT