I chose to go with both the Theme and Sketch for today's card:)
- I started with the Peony no.1 stencil on Distress watercolor paper
- Inked the bloom with shades of yellow distress with the tiny sponge applicator and added some green on the leaves
- Next I reached for the Prismacolor soft colored pencils to add more coloring details
- Fussy cut the bloom out and set it aside
- Then I quickly stamped a bloom image from Blooming Buds onto some white CS and stamped a few leaves throughout the lower half of the panel.
- Colored in the blooms with the same Prismacolor soft colored pencils as above.
- Trimmed the panel perfectly with the largest Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Die - CUTplorations
- On a separate piece of white CS I stamped a striped pattern with Grunge Floral Strips in blue ink
- Cut that panel with teh middle sized Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Die
- Cut Stitched Snow Hills down the middle of that panel
- At this point I realized the large Peony Bloom would cover most of the striped panel, so I cut the blue and white panel at the 2/3 mark and "stretched" it to peak out from behind the fussy cut peony.
- The sentiment is from Faith Expressions...stamped in blue twice
There you go! I realize Peonies are not REALLY a spring flower, but a girl can improvise:)
Here are the links to my fellow teamies' Blogs.
Stop by to see what they have created for your Inspiration!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Remember to use my CODE for a discount:))
my code for you to use: STAMPGIRLLAURA
How does it work?
- If you use my discount code when you order, you will get 20% off on all stamps, stencils, and dies.
- You may use my code to get discounts on all regular- and sale-priced items in the store.
- You may NOT combine my code with any other discount codes.
Here are the PRIZE details:))Theme & Sketch Challenge (1st Friday of the month)
- $10 gift certificate to the winner voted by the T&S challenge team- $5 gift certificate each to the 2 top picks
- If there are 50 or more entries: 1 random winner of product of choice (3x5 stamp set OR 2 standard size stencils OR 1 CUTplorations word/phrase die)