Find me on these platforms

Inspired By #53 challenge.

The bows became watercolored butterflies:))
I spent an evening enjoying the birth of this one while listening to Hillsong United. Starting with a wash of colors from Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolor 36 around the stamped butterflies. Let it dry and added details with SEVERAL brands of markers:) Ziggys, Spectrum Aqua, Altenew Alcohol, and a few Distress. In  hindsight, I wish I had turned the camera on to go back and see the various stages of coloring. Sigh, maybe next time!..the watercolor paper of Strathmore 300 Cold Press 80lb. I LOVE the tooth on this paper.
Sentiment is from This set. 
Hope this encourages you to take time to Create something you LOVE and play along with us at Inspired By All the Little Things.

Our guest artist this week is Maria Peters  stop by the blog to learn more about her:)
And here is the list of my teammates to see how they were inspired:)
Kimberly Lackenbach

Leigh Penner 

Marcie Sharp
 Sharp Designs

Sheri Gilson

Silke Ledlow

Wanda Cullen


Here are the rules of PLAY:

The linky will close on Friday, April 28 at 11:55am. (PST)

  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!

My kind of worship



9 comments:

TaeEun said...

Beautiful and dreamy card, LauraJane!!! My first thought was butterflies too, as I saw the inspiration picture :)! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kathy Straw said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!

Ardyth said...

This is gorgeous! I love the look you've achieved with the different media!

Lisa Elton said...

BEAUTIFUL card!!!

Mac Mable said...

Amazing colouring and the prettiest and delicate of background x

Teresa Doyle said...

Your card is so beautiful Laura Jane. I love that it reminds me of an illustration in a children's book, it so whimsical and beautiful at the same time. A great job on it!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration photo, Laura Jane!

Wanda Cullen said...

I can't believe I never thought of butterflies but totally LOVE your interpretation! Your watercoloring is amazing!

Silke Ledlow said...

Love how you used the different mediums to accomplish this gorgeous look!