Find me on these platforms

March card challenge at The Ton

Happy March!!  Can it be the third month already??
Today starts a new challenge at The Ton Challenge Blog.


Yes, SPRING fever is upon us:)) and I'm only too happy to create with the fresh new
Best Day Ever Floral Coverplate Die. As you will see I took MANY steps to complete the card...I think one could stop at any one of them and have a simply splendid card, but continuing the creative process is always FUN!

Here is the PROGRESSION of my card:

First, I stamped Magnolia Fields Cling Background with Violet Fringe Couture Color onto purple CS and then Heat embossed with Clear EP.  Then I cut the Best Day Ever Floral Coverplate Die from two layers of #110 white CS and trimmed them with the Double Stitched Rectangle Dies (Large) and put the layers together on top of the Purple stamped background with liquid glue. 

Makes a very Lovely CAS presentation:))
Next, I decided to add the "petals" of the magnolias from the die cut Coverplate back into place.

And then wanting to make the sentiment stand out a bit more, I cut the Coverplate again from the same purple CS as the background and fussy cut the words from the rest of the foliage.
Thinking the purple faded away as you can see below;

I embossed the purple fussy cut words with Clear EP and glued that to the card front just off-set, for a white highlighted effect. That looks GOOD!
Not ready to quit yet, I took the purple layers of "petals" and added them to the Magnolias over the top of the white ones.
To finish the card up, I quickly colored in some details using a Sparkle Marker from Glitz and Glamour.
There we have it!  My DH suggested adding a layer of BLACK CS for the sentiment..but I ran out of time. Where would you have stopped? Do you think I went too far? Inquiring minds want to know:))

You have ALL month to play along at  The Ton Challenge Blog using the CUE WORD:SPRING. Hope to see you joining us in the gallery!

How to Play

  1. You must use a Ton product as the main focal point of your card or tag.
  2. Display the cue word and mood board on your post and include a link to the challenge in the body of your post.
  3. Link your card to the new link up tool each month. 
  4. There is no limit on the number of cards/tags you wish to enter into the challenge.
  5. The winning project will be chosen based upon detail, composition and aesthetics.
  6. Challenge winners and Honorable Mentions will be announced during the introduction of the subsequent challenge.
  7. Winners will be invited to be a guest designer for the next challenge.
YOU could win a $50 spree to The Ton’s shop!”
*Gift certificates only apply to The Ton stamps, dies, ink, gilding and embossing powder.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

This is delicate and lovely!