Having the Papertrey Ink JULY 2016 BLOG HOP is the PERFECT way to start out the week:)) After the activities of STAMP-A-FAIRE 2016 it is only fitting to continue the creativity, extend the party so to speak. I actually missed all the live Stamp-A-Faire fun, but had some time yesterday to go through several of the videos and visit the galleries. Tons of PTI inspiration there:)
For my card to day I chose to use the Watercoloring Technique shared by Kay Miller..see her very first video here. SAF 2016: WATERCOLOR LIKE A MASTER WITH KAY MILLER. She did an exceptional job. I hope she makes more!
Here is my card:
- I had difficulty with the inks moving when I added water the first time around on Distress paper, So I gave it another go with watercolor paper from a MIM kit and had much more success!
- Nostalgic Notions is the stamp set I used for the flowers.
- To get the color wash as I liked, i simply added a bit more ink on a wet brush directly from the ink pad,
- To finish, I added just a touch of a Stencil from the Woodblock Prints collection.
- The Black matting is from the Noted: Scalloped A2 Die collection selectively cut and flipped to get the fourth side to be scalloped.
- I added some washi to bring in the graphic elements from the HOP inspiration photo.
If you have not looked into all the STAMP-A-FAIRE 2016 videos I encourage you to take time and even Bookmark it for future reference. It is Filled to the top with Artsy techniques on trend for card making and other projects as well.