Hello Altenew Fans!
I'm honored to share cards featuring the Altenew June 2018 Stamp/Die Release! If you are hopping along from the beginning, you should be arriving from the talented Yoonsun Hur's blog. I will have the full Blog Hop list at the end of this post.
****I am part of Altenew's affiliate program. Which means I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you every time you click through and purchase product(s) linked in this post. Thank you for your support!
This is an AMAZING new release:)) with super fun images to stamp and color as well as versatile Dies! ****warning photo heavy post, hope you don't mind:)) I created 7 cards for this hop!
After stamping the outline images of the Leaf Canopy Stamp Set several times, I colored them with Artistic Markers: R400, R702, R902, and C002 going with a no-line technique, then adding a few details with a fine line marker.
- use the coordinating dies to cut out the colored Leaf Canopy images
- I inked a background with the new Pinstripe Stamp Set with crisp ink, BLUSH,**it's difficult to see*** then took the edge of the ink pad and lightly added a "blush haze" following the diagonal lines
- added black Splatter
- and a strip of black CS as well as a strip of Glitter tape from the shop
- I like the RETRO look of the sentiments in the leaf Canopy set.
There were enough colored Leaf Canopy images left over to make a second card:) I paired these with the BOLD Alpha Dies.
- I inked white CS with the new background Pinstripe Stamp Set using crisp ink, BLUSH again and then cut love out and set the letters aside for another time.
- trimmed the pinstriped panel down and matted it onto an A2 sized
- panel inked with Blush
- layered a strip of black CS and a strip of Glitter tape among the colored Leaf Canopy images
- cut several layers of you from the Flower Arrangement Die Set, stacked them with liquid glue popped it into place
Moving on to some Sunny colored cards: featuring the Sweetest Peas Stamp & Die Bundle, Moroccan Mosaic Stamp Set, and Ditsy Print Stamp Set
I colored all the blooms with Artistic Markers:Y204, Y205, Y612, and Y823. Stems and Tendrils G554, G702, G715, and WG03
After coloring the Sweetest Peas, I cut them out with the coordinating dies.
- I inked a white panel with the Moroccan Mosaic Stamp Set for a hint of color using MORNING FROST crisp ink
- then used the graceful sweep of the largest sweet pea stem as a guide to trim that panel down
- spounged WARM SUNSHINE and FRESH LEMON onto another panel
- stamped the sentiment, from Leaf Canopy stamp set, with FRAYED LEAF
- arranged the die cut sweet peas onto the from of the card with tape runner and dimensional tape
I place the remaining colored Sweetest Pea onto an second cardbase, where I created an interesting background by embossing the Moroccan Mosaic Stamp Set with white EP. spounged WARM SUNSHINE over the top and selectively added shadows with a zig marker
- I added splatter with a fine brush and watered down crisp inks
- Inked the sentiment, from Leaf Canopy stamp set, with
- Then embellished the finished card with a few NUVO drops in coordinating colors
One last sweet YELLOW card using the Ditsy Print Stamp Set:
- I inked the Ditsy Print Stamp three times with MORNING FROST crisp ink. then added the second layers of leaves with Frayed Leaf and Soft Lilac on the smaller leaves.
- The pretty yellow flowers are inked with Pocket Full of Sunshine mini cubes
- The Neighborhood Home die set created the sweetest 'home embellishment' for the PERFECTLY true Sentiment fond in the Ditsy Print Stamp Set
Up next I have a card featuring the Land of the Free Stamp & Die Bundle. I was SO EXCITED to work with this set since my 18 year old son just entered the US AIR FORCE. The MANY different sentiments in the set will make patriotic card making a breeze!
I went with patriotic Blues from the Cool Summer Night Mini Cube Set to ink the Eagles and various sentiments. Then heat embossed the stars with Antique Silver EP.
- I started by placing a circle mask for the center of my card,
- Then stamped Moroccan Mosaic several times..The shadow effect of the was achieved by inking first with Aqualicious, then rotating the my panel once to the right re-inking with Teal Cave rotating again and inked with Dew drops crip ink.
- I LOVE how easy it is to create a varied frame for the sentiment by using several rings from Fine Frames Circles Die
Thanks for hanging in until the end of my post:))) your next stop on the hop is the Lovely Lilith Eeckels!
Blog Hop Order:
Laura Jane <<<<you are here
To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 6 lucky winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or Altenew Scrapbook Blog by for a chance to win. 6 winners will be announced on the Altenew blogs on .
Wait! There's one more prize!Altenew is graciously offering a $30 gift certificate to one random comment left on this post:)) I'll announce the winner by June 20, 2018.
Thanks for all the lovely comments! I have a winner:))
Please contact email@example.com by with the subject line 'Altenew June 2018 Release Blog Hop Winner from LauraJane's Blog'.
Happy Shopping SUE!
Click here to see:
Thanks for stopping by!