Here is the Theme:
Here is the Sketch:
I chose to use both Theme & Sketch for my card today.
Steps to make this card:
- Start by masking off the edges of an A2 sized white CS with painter's tape
- Ink up the back of Hidden Hearts Stencil with Worn Lipstick Distress ink,
- Spritz the inked side of the stencil with water and place it on the white masked CS
- Allow to dry completely
- On a separate piece of white CS, stamp Framed Carnation in brown ink
- Color with medium of your choice..I chose Tombow watercolor markers and Prismacolor Soft pencils
- Trim around Framed Carnation and set aside
- Remove the stencil from the dry panel.
- Lightly brushed more Worn Lipstick Distress ink over the dry panel with a stencil brush
- Remove masking tape from edges
- Adhere the Framed Carnation to the front using Tombow mono
- Add three strips of Red foil tape to panel front
- Stamp sentiment from Faith Expressions on strip of vellum in brown ink and Heat emboss with clear EP.
- Wrap ends of vellum around the finished front panel
- Adhere to cardbase.
Here is a close-up of the colored Framed Carnation
THEME & SKETCH CHALLENGE GUIDELINESThis challenge starts on the first Friday of the month and ends on the last day of the month.
- Link up any type of project(s) based on the theme, the sketch, or both.
- You must use stamps in your project(s) -- rubber, clear, or digi from any company. Non-STAMPlorations stamps are OK (although please don't link up a project you've created for the sole purpose of promoting another company; those projects will be deleted or will not be considered in the running for winner or top pick.)
- Link up to 6 entries and link up to as many other challenges as you want.
- Link directly to your blog post, not to your main blog. (This makes it easy for us to find and comment on your entry.)
- If you have word verification turned on, our design team may not be able to leave a comment, so please consider turning it off.
- Link back to the challenge post (not just our main blog) to encourage others to play too. You must also display the challenge graphic (for the theme or the sketch or both). Blog entries not linking back to our challenge and not displaying the challenge graphic(s) will not be eligible to win and receive the corresponding prize.
- Link up by the last day of the month, 11:55 p.m. Pacific.
- $10 gift certificate to the winner voted by the T&S challenge team
- $5 gift certificate each to the 2 top picks
- If there are 50 or more entries: 1 random winner of product of choice (3x5 stamp set OR 2 standard size stencils OR 1 CUTplorations word/phrase die)
I have a coupon code for you to use:))
my code for you to use: STAMPGIRLLAURA
How does it work?
Here are the links to my fellow teamies' Blogs.
Stop by to see what they have created for your Inspiration!!
Thanks for stopping by!