Hello and Welcome to my stop on the Altenew September 2017 Release Blog Hop Day 1. I'm so thrilled and excited to be joining in the fun today with 5 samples from this release. If you are hopping from the beginning, you should be arriving from the blog of Sveta Fotinia.
This September release is filled with Holiday stamps and dies as well as timeless Floral stamps, Greenery and Geometric dies...and some new Stand-alone-dies as well. I hope you like what you see here and are inspired to create with Altenew products:))
For my first project I created an 8x10 framed Home Decor piece that features the new Building Blocks Dies. I'm a Tetris geek so I totally flipped for this die set!! I also found that several of these building blocks are the PERFECT size for sentiments!! I know it may seem silly to be excited over this, but I am HORRID at cutting those tiny banner rectangles for sentiments...straight and square is not my
Have a look:
To create this:
- I stated by inking several pieces of white CS with the following Crisp Ink colors, Ruby Red, Pinkolicious, Autumn Blaze, Maple Yellow, Parrot, and Tide Blue...I did this while waiting for the dies to arrive via USPS:)
- When the Building Blocks Dies, arrived I cut my chosen shapes from each colored CS and then cut MANY, MANY more layers of each shaped from 110lb BLACK CS. I wanted some of the shapes to be popped up from the others.
- When everything was cut out, I pieced the shapes together to form a heart shape, like a puzzle,..thanks to a photo on Google, this was easy to accomplish..I make Tetris Lines and Growlers per usual, Not Hearts:))
- Once the heart was formed, I determined which of the shapes to pop up then added the extra BLACK layers to the back of them by gluing them together with liquid glue.
- Used some Press n' Seal to hold it all together and placed it on a sparkly galaxy Black piece of CS, glued it down with liquid adhesive.
- After all this was completed I stamped sentiments from BAF Magnolia set on several of the building block pieces.
- Embellished further with Enamel Dots.
- The Arrow is from Happy Dreams stamp set
You can see the popped up dimension here in both of these photos
Moving on to my next project using the lovely JUST BECAUSE stamp set...and the Building Blocks Dies in a different way.
To create this:
- I stamped one of the large clusters of blooms from JUST BECAUSE onto Bristol Smooth white CS with Desert Night Crisp Ink.
- Colored it quickly with Zig markers.
- Still in the puzzle mood I then cut the panel with Building Blocks Dies and inked the edges of each building block with Dusk and Limestone.
- Put them back together and glued them to a scrap piece of CS
- Quickly heat embossed the edges with Liquid Platinum EP
- Heat embossed the largest frame from FRAMED stamp set onto a coordinating colored piece of CS from my stash with Liquid Platinum EP
- Layered the finished Floral panel onto the framed panel and placed them onto a white Card Base
- Cut three layers of THANKS from black CS and stacked and glued it to the front of the finished card with liquid glue
What's more lovely than a yellow rose? A Winter Rose with an artsy outline layer!! Nestled a-top a background of Pattern Play-Circle.
To create this:
- First I stamped the layers of Winter Rose with the following Crisp Inks: Citrus Burst, Fresh Lemon, Maple Yellow, Sunkissed, and Limestone. I fussy cut them out and stamp the leaves with Olive Crisp Ink.
- For my background panel I inked the Pattern Play-Circle with Limestone. Then I went back with the small circle images from Pattern Play, and randomly restamped them using Maple and Fresh Lemon.
- When putting together the finale card I decided to cut two extra layers for each of the flowers and stuck the layers together with foam tape to create a 3D effect
- I placed my flower arrangement and leaves on the finished circle panel and embellished with Enamel Dots.
- For the sentiment banner I used a Building Block die inked with Limestone and stamped the sentiment in Olive... I love how the Building Blocks are the perfect size for the sentiments!
To create this:
- Starting with Layered Laurel stamp set, an A2 size white card stock and the MISTI tool, I inked the first layer of the largest Laurel image with Lagoon. Then I rotated the card front 180 degrees and stamped a second time to create an oval frame. I then repeated these steps with each of the remaining layers of Laurels using Volcano Lake, Mountain Mist, and Sea Glass. Remembering to rotate the card each time.
- To fill in the top and bottom of the oval, I inked the smaller Laurel images in the same way as above, (and the same inks).
- Added dots around the stamped Laurel frame with the small circles from Pattern Play-Circle, using Volcano Lake, Lagoon, Warm Sunshine, and Buttercream.
- The larger oval image from Framed stamp set is inked with Emerald, and cut with the new Framed Die
- The Little One onesie is inked with Lagoon and cut it out with the coordinating die, along with three more layers to pop it up.
- The sweet little ducky is inked in Warm Sunshine :)
- I assembled the die cut frame and the onesie onto the front of the card.
- For the sentiment, I manipulated the strait image to fit the curve of the oval frame, stamped it with black ink.
And my last card is created using the many layers of Majestic Mistletoe Stamp Set.
To create this:
- The first layer of Majestic Mistletoe is inked with Frayed Leaf, second layer in Forest Glades, and third layer in Ever Green on light grey card stock. The solid image berries are inked with Buttercream, the shadowing inked with Warm Sunshine.
- For the dots in the berries and sentiment I heat embossed with Liquid Platinum EP
- Trimmed down the panel and layered it onto a sage green card front from my stash.
To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to THREE lucky winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog by for a chance to win. The winners will be announced on the Altenew Card Blog on .
Extra prize Giveaway:
I will draw a winner to receive a $30 gift certificate to the ALTENEW SHOP from comments left here on this post. The winner will be announced on October 6th.
BLOGHOP ORDER:Altenew Card Blog
Laura Jane <<<you are hereSandra Dietrich
NEW Products Used in today's Projects:
Formerly released products used today:
The entire September Release:)
Thanks for stopping by!
affiliate links are used at no extra cost to you