Find me on these platforms

New to me - Paper Casting

Good Friday to ya!
Today I want to share something new  - PAPER CASTING.  Have you tried this technique yet?
Danielle Flanders shared a video for the EASY process for  Make It Monday #181: Paper Casting  at Papertrey Ink earlier this week.
The texture of casting is so cool!
Well, I have played all week with various stamps and dies...and yes, used up an entire role of toilet tissue.

However, a treasure basket filled with goodies to use later is the end result:)

 I'm just giddy with all these lovelies!  

I found, as Danielle did, that making the die cut FIRST and then using the stamp for the CAST, creates the sharpest images. I also cut some Bitty buttons from the left over stacks of TT.  Some of them I spritzed with Tattered Angels Glitter Mist!



 The Rustic Wreath die was so delicate and pliable...tricky to stamp ink on later though. But worth the effort:)

I encourage you to check out the video on the process . Get a roll of tissue and start CASTING:)
 I think these pieces look GREAT on a card. What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by today.
Have a Blessed Weekend!

LauraJane:)

10 comments:

Danielle Flanders said...

Gorgeous! They look so pretty all tucked together in the basket, and your card is wonderful!!
Danielle

Helen F. said...

Oh how beautiful your paper castilng card came out, Laura! Love the basket of goodies you made too ;-)

Lisa Elton said...

WOW you've been a busy girl!! They look so pretty all nestled together and what a fabulous card!!

Joyously Noelle said...

Oh my what a lovely card!

Marilyn M said...

The paper castings look so pretty on your card. I love how you inked the wreath. Awesome job.

StephH said...

Try as I might, I could not get a good stamp image on that wreath for this challenge! You had much better success. Love your little basket of casting, all ready for some magic to happen. Nice work!

Kelly Latevola said...

Well you certainly are rocking these paper casts! Another awesome card! I love the soft pool color, just gorgeous

Miriam Prantner said...

Another amazing card, and love that you have that great pile of goodies for later!

Sue in Grapevine said...

Your work is so beautiful. I've seen some of your cards for PTI blog hops, etc. & am now following your blog in my blog reader.
Thanks for sharing w/us!

Ellie Knol said...

I have done this same with paper pulp - also very nice to do (you can find them here: http://elliecreahoekje.blogspot.nl/search/label/papierpulp) , and then you can save on toiletpaper, and use that for what it's made for. :) PSSSSS I added a gadget to my site, just as yours : My hope is in the LORD JESUS CHRIST... thanks for the idea to do it this way... Glad I know HIM!