Find me on these platforms

The Progression of the Embellishments

  Today's card shows how I took a simple card and added embellishments. After all, the challenge at Virginia's View is on that very thing..EMBELLISHMENTS.  Something I often over look, and more often than not, OVER-DO when I try to add them to my cards.  HA!

  •  First of all, I'm playing with this Clearly Besotted set I just purchased..and cut to pieces.  Every image in the set is now an individual stamp in itself. 
  • For those of you who do not own the set, there are only 8 separate stamps in it's original state. My set now has 19.:))  
  • I also used the BE-YOU-TIFUL die from ESSENTIALS BY ELLEN.  
  • The color palette is from the Challenge at the Pinterest Inspired Challenge.

 I Simply stamped a bouquet, then die-cut the BE-YOU-TIFUL plus in 4 layers of black cardstock and glued it back into place.

 Then I added some Clear Wink of Stella on the BE-YOU-TIFUL and placed several Sequins.
 Then splattered some SILVER wink of STELLA and nestled a few knots of twine behind the die.
 I KNOW I like the First CLEAN version best...not sure about each of the other added Embellishments...Do you have a FAVE?
Thanks for stopping by!

LauraJane:)

Adding this to the Challenge over at Ellen Hutson,  August Mix It Up Challenge with Clearly Besotted. There is a $50 gift card up for grabs..By the way, I'm in LOVE with the way Ellen's dies are packaged:)) magnets and super sturdy plastic envelope.







14 comments:

Chriss Blagrave said...

A perfect card for these challenges, LauraJane! Lovely :))

wienerhoneymooners said...

LOVE this!!!

Laurel Beard said...

THIS IS GORGEOUS! Both versions are stunning in their own way. I can't pick a favorite! Thanks for mixing it up with us!

shirley-bee said...

Ooh, fabulous! I would never have thought of using those colours for the poppies - looks wonderful. I love the silver splatter too :)

Unknown said...

LOVE everything about this! Wow!! The colors are just stunning and the way you die pop is just gorgeous!! Seriously in love with that die!

Kara said...

very pretty! love the colors!

lostinpaper said...

Super fabulous card!

Wida said...

This card is so pretty> I honestly don't know how you got this stamp result based on the set I clicked over to see. The colors you used were perfect.

PiecesbyEmily said...

Your watercolored flowers are just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Pinterest Inspired Challenge. Hope to see you again!

LauraJane:) said...

Wida! So good to hear from you:) I cut the stamps apart..every images..My kind of surgery:)
I've been perusing your Pin boards today..I LOVE the Cards with Flowers..It's like strolling through a well kept botanical Garden...only without the heat and humidity! Hope you are doing well, I miss seeing your cards.

Deepti said...

This is soooooooooooooooo beautiful! Love the camouflaged sentiment :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the progression! I really love the combination of that die with the flowers, it's just right!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Laura Jane! I love it!

~amy~ said...

wow! this is amazing. it's like a beautiful painting!