Find me on these platforms

Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge

Hello! 

 I am super excited to guest design for Essentials by Ellen PIN-SIGHTS CHALLENGE! Thank you Laurel for inviting me :)) I do LOVE the Essentials by Ellen dies and stamps designed by Julie Ebersole found ONLY at Ellen Hutson. Creating with their goodies is always a pleasure.




 Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge is a monthly inspirational challenge based on a Pinterest Inspired photo that is located on the CLASSroom blog
The inspiration photo for the challenge.


I was inspired by the row of chairs and bright blooms in the top right of the inspiration photo.
Here is my card:
 I had the pleasure of using MONDO HYDRANGEA stamp set and BE-YOU-TIFUL die for this project. At the end of this post you will find all the other supplies used. 

  • Starting out I inked the single blooms onto watercolor paper and began coloring them in with Kuretake Gansai Tambi, 36 Color Set.  As you can see in the photo the last one got smudged:(( not to worry!

  • Next I cut several masks and stamped the large leaf image repeatedly



  •  Ziggys and PIT pens have become my favorite coloring mediums for detail. I used them to add depth and shadows to the blooms and leaves.



  • Then I cut SEVERAL Be-YOU-tiful dies from white CS and glued them onto the white space off to the right of the leaves; being careful to "tuck" the words under by cutting the edges of leaves with a craft knife.
  • Added a bit of watercolor stripes on the left of the leaves..this makes me HAPPY!! and added more shadows with the COOL GRAY ziggy
  • I used ​i​rRESISTible Pico Embellisher, Copper for the tiny dots for each bloom




  • To finish the card I heat embossed the sentiment in COPPER EP from Hero Arts onto Vellum. Wrapped that around my card front and called it DONE:))..see how that last bloom looks as good as the first with vellum over it?

Hope this inspires you to play along at the  Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge It was an honor guesting:))

REMEMBER!

 A random challenge participant will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson store.  
To be eligible, you MUST use Essentials by Ellen products and the photo badge as inspiration. 

Thanks for stopping by!

LauraJane:)




Supply list



4 comments:

Patti said...

What a delightful post LauraJane! I love the way you detailed the process for us : ) You could be a teacher! oh yeah you're a Mom so you ARE a teacher!! Your card is truly beautiful! I love each element which adds the perfect amount of texture and elegance.

Congratulations on your Guest spot!! a well deserved honor!

Patti

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so happy for you LauraJane, congrats on guesting!! Your card is as pretty as can be. Thanks for sharing your process with us!!

clelie said...

A lot of perfectly tied-in details adding up to one beautiful card! Very inspiring!

I Card Everyone said...

LauraJane this is just exquisite! So happy that you received that guest spot!!! We are all totally inspired by your talents each day! xx
=]