Hello and Welcome to The Ton’s Summer 2017 Release Blog Hop! Have you enjoyed all the inspiration this week? Is your cart filled...or maybe even have new goodies on the way to your door!
The Ton has 24 new stamps for their new Summer 2017 Release which includes up to four free gifts with purchases. For more information on The Ton’s incentive gifts, head over to The Ton’s blog. All new release products are available now!
I was flipping out over the new WAVE stamp set! I think is is perfect for teenagers and for more masculine cards.
This WAVE makes me think of Sunshine and Cool summer breezes...I had also just watched Moana with the kiddos and was in a VERY colorful mood when I created this one:)
I want to share how easy it is to ink up the layers with Zig Markers. Going with all the colors of the bow colors, and using the MISTI. Effie shares a quick video tutorial on how to use the WAVE layers with the MISTI tool HERE.
The Sentiment is from PENNED Sentiments, inked in Noir. The embellishments are Summer Soiree couture mix.
For my next card I created a Pattern background with CITY GIRLS: BOOK LIFE.
To make the card:
- I stamped several skirts from CITY GIRLS: BOOK LIFE on White CS Dye inks used: Rose Quartz, Rose Quartz,, Vanilla Frosted Cupcake, and Amber Citrine
- Then masked each one and brushed Soft Garnet Dye ink over the entire panel with a Clarity Stencil brush
- Leaving the masks in place, I inked up the Polka Dot Cling Background with Soft Amethyst Dye, and stamped it over the top of the skirts
- Then stamped one last layer of outlines from the new LARGE PEONY 4 inke with Soft Garnet Dye ink
- Now I removed the masks and trimmed the panel with Double Stitched Rectangle Die (Large)
- Cut two circles with the Double Stitched Circle Dies (Small) from pink vellum
- Layered them in the middle of my pattern panel
- Stamped the skirt with legs in Crystal Pewter and added a solid Rose Quartz skirt and tiny roses in Soft Garnet Dye to match the background
- colored the legs and shoes with distress markers
- Stamped the lovely bouquet in Soft Garnet Dye
- Used the coordinating dies to cut both images out
- Laid a Light Silver thread nest down on the vellum circles and placed the diecut bouquet and "girl" on top of that. Popped teh bouquet up with Foam tape
- inked a small banner with Lemon Drop Dye ink and stamped the sentiment with Light Onyx, matted it with with white CS
- Placed the whole thing onto a panel of gorgeous Adhesive Foil Paper - Silver Glitter Foil
- and decided to rimm a tiny strip of that Adhesive Foil Paper and tucked it in place behind and across the card front
- Embellished with Summer Soiree Couture mix
Blog Hop Prizes:) Three $25 gift certificates to The Ton's shop will be given away to random commenters from the hop participant blogs. To qualify, you must leave a comment on The Ton Blog Hop post. The comment period will close on Monday, June 12th at 11:59pm. Winners will be announced thereafter on The Ton’s blog.
- The Ton
- Laura Sterckx
- Tae Eun Yoo
- Laurel Beard
- Mayline Jung
- Svitlana Shayevich
- Emily Midgett
- Dana Gong
- Vera Yates
- Svetlana Pavlova
- Eunji Jung
- Amy Tsuruta
- Laura Jane Head
- Justine Hovey
- Sveta Fotinia
- Janette Kausen
- Marika Rahtu
- Jenny Lee Yamasaki
- Amy Kolling
- Lisa Harrolle
- Lydia Fiedler
- Brenda Noelke
- Olga Matyushevskaya
- Chris Dayton
- Anna Kutsenko
- Kay Miller
Rainbow Waves = Yes, Please!
Really love your City Girls card, so pretty!
Love your rainbow wave! I can't wait to get this set!
Wow love the rainbow wave
Wow! Wow! Wow! Awesome cards!!!
That rainbow wave is a WOW!
That rainbow wave is awesome!!
I love your rainbow wave so bright and happy
The wave is fantastic.
Love the lady the best - pretty colors
and the way she is carrying the
thanks for sharing.
Love your friendly, colorful wave and the happy city girl. Thanks for sharing!
Awesome cards, I love the different colors you used on the wave card, so creative. Thanks for sharing.
I'm blown away by your work. Love the idea of the rainbow wave, and I can't stop gawking at your gorgeous City Girls card. A.Maze.Ing
Love the rainbow wave! The card looks amazing! In fact this whole release is just fabulous!
That rainbow wave is fabulous! I want to see one in real life!! : )
The colors in the Wave card work! Great idea. You Got This is a fun layered card. Well done
I love the rainbow waves - so pretty!
And I adore all the pretty layers on your 2nd card.
The colors in both cards are beautiful! Love the waves!
Love the rainbow wave and the vellum circles on the second card.
Love, love, love that rainbow wave card.
I just love your rainbow wave - colors are so bright and happy.
Both cards are great, but the rainbow wave was really cool.
Nice cards. Love the girl with th books and the rainbow wave!
Marker to do your inking of the wave...really nice!
I literally gasped when I saw the rainbow wave.....OMG. Would love to know how you did that with your zigs!
OMG instant love on everything......take my money lol
love how you colored the wave.
The rainbow wave is spectacular! Love it!
I've seen several interpretations of the Wave stamp but I really like the rainbow effect. It's so pretty. Almost like a sunset. Thanks!
Beautiful take on the wave stamp!!!! GORGEOUS!
Wow. I love the rainbow wave. Very creative.
What gorgeous cards! I love how you used those skirts as part of the background, and your rainbow wave card is so beautiful!
Beautiful! Love your colorful ocean!
love the colorful waves
Love the colours you used and all the details in this piece!
Love your card. Thanks for the inspiration.
Love the waves!
Love how you made these two cards. The colors on your first card are just so fun and inspiring:)
Beautiful cards! Love that rainbow wave! Pretty City Girl card also!
Nice effect on the rainbow wave! Thanks for sharing.
Love the rainbow wave and the second card is great.
Your rainbow 🌈 🌊 is delightful and beautiful! Pretty in pink book girl is sure to make any girl, young or old, happy! TFS!
Your rainbow wave is so creative, Laura Jane. It's bright and happy and unexpected. And what a sweet pink card featuring the adorable city girl and her stack of books. Both are great cards for a teenager!
Love the cards but the colors in the waves are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!
OMG!!! the wave! took my breath away and gave me chills! I'd LOVE to be a recipient of that card! Stunning!!
Oh how I love the rainbow wave! It makes my heart so happy!
Beautiful cards, LauraJane! As said already before, that Rainbow wave is just so COOL! You're amazing!!
Looove the rainbow wave! Beautiful cards!
I just ordered the waves stamp set! Love it! Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing!
Love your cards and especially the rainbow wave!
great cards..love the rainbow waves too!!
ummm.... WOW! <3
That rainbow wave is awesome & I love your use of the city girl skirts!
Love the cards!
Great cards. Love the beautiful coloring on the water card. The City Girls card is adorable.
This rainbow wave is unique. .both are adorable
Post a Comment