I feel so blessed to be a guest designer for this blog hop! Altenew has once again blown me away with yet another NEW release filled with unique products to broaden our craft supply. I had the pleasure of creating with several of them for today's post. Take a look!
First up: Floral Alphabet stamp set
|Floral Alpha Bundle|
|Life is Awesome Bundle|
And my last project today, Needlework Motif stamp set and coordinating dies:
|Needlework Motif Bundle|
|Oval Embroidery Hoop Die Set|
- I first ran the sew in love die through my die cutting machine using the rubber mat to leave the etched sewing lines
- Then I took a piercing tool and made a stitching hole on one end of each etched mark
- Next, I found a gradient embroidery floss that coordinated with the Sea Shores mini cube ink set
- The stitch I chose to practise for this was the laced running stitch, which sounds dramatic but is simply a backstitch with floss woven back and forth to give a nice rope look.
- After the stitching was complete, I cut the oval HOOP frame from Cherry Wood paper
- The hoop hardware, is cut from Gold Foil paper
- To embellish the hoop, I used several bits from the Create-A-Wreath Die Set, Life is Awesome Bundle, and Rose Flurries 3D Die Set, colored with the Sea Shores mini cube ink set and Artistic Markers
- Layered the my hoopart onto pattern paper from the Reflection Collection
I thought the embellishment swag need a bit more something, so I created three Wheel Roses with the embroidery floss and glued them to the center.
Your next stop on the hop is my friend RUBY's blog! Thanks for hanging out with me here, make sure to leave me a comment and tell me which card you liked best.
firstname.lastname@example.org by 8/10/2018 with the subject line
Altenew July 2018 Stamp/Die Release Blog Hop Winner from LauraJane's Blog.
Blog Hop Order: