Hello Everyone! Hope this post finds you cozy and feeling creative. Participating in more challenges this year is a goal I've set for 2019. It's always fun to look through the linkys to see what other crafters are up to, don't you think? Yet even more fun to share inspired creations after viewing all the eye-candy!
Today I have a card that was inspired by the fabulous Erum, and her One Layer Card that she created for her guest post on Jennifer McGuire's Blog. The color inspiration is from the The Flower Challenge #28 'Colour, Pink & Grey'. Mixing things up a bit and going with gray flowers this time:)
I find the tasks of masking, stamping, and coloring for dimension enjoyable and worth the efforts!
Here's my card:
Steps to make the card:
- I started out with the gorgeous Rose layers inked with several different Grays onto a white #110 Neenah A2 sized cardstock.
- Then I cut several masks using the dies included in the Build-A-Flower Rose set
- Masked the Rose
- Stamped the leaves with the cheery Cherry Blossom Mini Cube Set
- Masked the leaves
- Repeatedly stamped the tiny flower cluster with Gray Dawn
- Masked the Clusters
- Inked the background with a brush and Pink Diamond
- Randomly stamped different 'Floral shadows' with Pinkalicious and Rubellite
- Stamped the Charmed cluster over all of the above images, with Charcoal Suit
- Added shadow detail to the Rose and center of the smaller flowers with Artist Markers , dots with White Gel Pen
- Drew in three lines "under" the Rose and Leaves to give the illusion of depth, with a pencil
- Colored in the lines with Artist Markers and added the shimmer from the Wink of Stella and Silver Gel pen.
- Splatter with the a gentle tapping of Watercolor Brush Markers
- Stamped the sentiment
Build-A-Flower: Rose, Floral Shadow Stamp Set, and Charmed Stamp Set
Inks used: Cherry Blossom Mini Cube Set and Gentleman's Gray Mini Cube Set
Other: Artist Markers, Watercolor Brush Markers - Spring Garden Set, and Clear Wink of Stella , White Gel pen, Silver Gel pen
Adding the shadows for Faux dimension on a One Layer card is something I still need to work on! I hope you enjoyed my creation :)
Joining the fun on Virginia's blog for "Show and Share".
Thanks for stopping by today!
****I am part of Altenew's affiliate program. Which means I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you every time you click through and purchase product(s) linked in this post. Thank you for your support!
FREE U.S. shipping with code: USFREE
or $5 OFF international shipping with code : SHIP7OFF at checkout.
Current Altenew Promotions Page: find all the current deals and promotions at Altenew in one place!
You can also find me:
YouTube: Mamma LauraJane.
YouTube: Mamma LauraJane.
Wow, this card truly is GORGEOUS!! I can't get over that it is one layer! SUPERB stamping indeed! Happy to see that you are inspired! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL!
Good grief, I would never have believed this was a one-layer card until I read how you put it together......its spectacular!! I really am gobsmacked at the dimension you created, especially with the three lines. I thought you had cut the card front and your rose was on foam tape. So very incredible and I'm over the moon you just us at The Flower Challenge too!!
What a gorgeous card, LauraJane! Wow!!! I am in awe!
Your card is brilliant, love the coloring and the choice of colors is stunning. Stopping here by from Virginia's Show and share.
My blog- www.thecreativetwins.blogspot.com
This card is so beautiful, love the vibrancy of the background so rich in colors, for your showcase gray flower, simply lovely.
Thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you come and play again soon.
You've done such a wonderful job of shading and adding dimension that no one would know this is a one layer card unless they saw it in person, LauraJane. Or you told them like you did us. It is spectacular and I'm so glad you shared it with us at The Flower Challenge.
WOW! This is STUNNING!
Wow LauraJane what a fabulous card! like Shona said it's so clever for a one layer card. Your colouring and design is just breathtaking. Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge'and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx
Post a Comment