Find me on these platforms

A Shaped card and matching Envelope for Virginia's View Challenge #5

Just popping in to share a card I made for  Virginia's View Challenge #5. There are over 300 entries this time...GO Ladies!
 I finally got the dies from PPP and simply HAD to play with them for a bit. I used the border die to create a shape of sorts for a fun twist. Jennifer McGuire shows how to achieve something similar here.


Here is a close-up of how nicely the layers matched up using the dies.
The stitching is the SWEETEST:) and the sequins from PPP are like CANDY!



Then I used the die to emboss an envelope to match...I was THRILLED with the results!

back of envelope
Front of envelope



Thanks for looking! Won't you come and play? The linky closes tonight. 



LauraJane:)

4 comments:

Toni said...

very sweet! The shaped side really adds something.

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you played with your new PPP dies, Laura Jane! Such a fun pattern of stitching, and your envie is a perfect match! This is such a lovely card, too! A beautiful color combo, unique shape, and your flower is so pretty!

Virginia L. said...

Beautifully crafted, LauraJane! The composition and colors are so pleasing to the eyes! I feel like I am looking at a magazine page....truly gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

Darnell said...

This is so fresh and adorable, LauraJane! I love the colors and the design and I'm just wowwed at the matching envie you did!!

I want to thank you for coming by and following me! It is a pleasure to meet you and be your newest follower, too! I always introduce my new followers to my readers, so you will be in the next group to be posted!! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and I hope you visit me again soon!! Hugs, Darnell