I'm excited to be joining the Blog Hop at STAMPlorations for the Mini Release of Lacy Edges and Borders - CUTplorations
These are the dies I am using today:
For my first card:
- I started with an A2 sized White CS and cut all three border edge dies several times across the card front.
- Then I inked each edge with distress inks: Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon
- Placed them back together to reform the full card front
- Flicked some water and splatter to add depth to the inked panel.
- Cut a frame from the largest Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies by trimming the center out with a craft knife.
- Adhered that to the finished card front with tombow mono glue.
- Cut the Blessed word die from a piece of white CS that was quickly inked with Mermaid Lagoon
- Cut a second Blessed from Black CS and glued the two together slightly offset to create a shadow effect for the word
- Glued that into the framed card front
- Finished with a few Sparkle Clear sequins:)
For my next card:
I wanted to create a Dainty Lady's Handkerchief with the first die in the set.
- From white CS I cut the scalloped edges by carefully placing the die at an angle to create "the lace"
- brushed over that with some Twisted Citron and set it aside
- On another piece of white CS I stamped the pretty floral decorations from Frames and Flowers stamp set
- placed that over the lacy edged piece
- added a thin strip of yellow CS
- Cut three layers of Blessed word die from yellow/orange CS and glued them together
- Trimmed off the "ed" to for the word BLESS
- Stamped YOU onto a thin strip of white CS and added the diecut BLESS to make a small sentiment panel.
- Layered some patterned paper to a cardbase and added my Handkerchief and sentiment panel.
- Finished with a few yellow sequins on the lace:)
Hope you enjoyed today's cards featuring Lacy Edges and Borders - CUTplorations!
Remember to stop by STAMPlorations to find the list of other designers highlighting the dew dies and Comment for a chance to win!!
ONE (1) winner of a $15 gift certificate
ONE (1) winner of her choice of either Lacy Edges or the Winter & Spring Stitched
Winners will be randomly drawn from comments left on the
STAMPlorations blog and designers' blogs
Thanks for stopping by!
These are fantastic LauraJane! The inking and water splatters on the first one is incredible!
Beautiful cards... what a creative use of dies..love all of them..
The designs of each are so unique.
Love the gradation of colors on the first.
The second really speaks spring and warmth.
thanks for sharing some wonderful cards.
Simply terrific work LauraJane!
Super creative use of the borders!
So very creative with the first card and how you used the edge dies. What a sweet second card and fabulous idea to use a ladies handkerchief as your inspiration x
So pretty! Love the use of the bless-ed die cut :)
Wow these layouts are so fun and unusual. Thanks for sharing:)
YOu used both your new edges dies so beautifully LauraJane. Your lacy handkerchief was so clever. TFS Hugs..
Beautiful LauraJane! I love the use of the dies and colors on the first card and the second is so pretty and dainty. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
Pretty effects with the new border dies! Beautiful cards!
Thanks for showing us different ways to use those border dies. I love the lacy handkerchief!
Love the new border dies and the creative way you use and the second one is my absolute favorite!
I'm in love with your cards, they are so creative!
Those border dies are wonderful! You are so creative with them. I love how the color looks like it's pooling around the edging in the first card, and that really looks like a handkerchief!
Pretty cards! Great use of the dies! Love the second card....pretty yellow!
Love this new die set and beautiful cards. The yellow one is so pretty.
Clever design on the first one and I like the cheery colors of the second.
Oh wow! Awesome cards!!! Love the colors!!!
Two very fun ideas here. Hugz
Beautiful cards. Love the colours.
Beautiful way of using the new die sets on your cards! And love the colors, too :)
Gorgeous cards! I especially love the first one :)
Love all of your bright colors! That hankie is so sweet... well done lining up the die.
amazing design, I love the colours.
Fantastic use of this die.
Both these are amazingly pretty! Gorgeous cards! xxx
Post a Comment