I'm excited to be joining the Blog Hop at STAMPlorations for the Mini Release of Lacy Edges and Borders - CUTplorations
These are the dies I am using today:
For my first card:
- I started with an A2 sized White CS and cut all three border edge dies several times across the card front.
- Then I inked each edge with distress inks: Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon
- Placed them back together to reform the full card front
- Flicked some water and splatter to add depth to the inked panel.
- Cut a frame from the largest Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies by trimming the center out with a craft knife.
- Adhered that to the finished card front with tombow mono glue.
- Cut the Blessed word die from a piece of white CS that was quickly inked with Mermaid Lagoon
- Cut a second Blessed from Black CS and glued the two together slightly offset to create a shadow effect for the word
- Glued that into the framed card front
- Finished with a few Sparkle Clear sequins:)
For my next card:
I wanted to create a Dainty Lady's Handkerchief with the first die in the set.
- From white CS I cut the scalloped edges by carefully placing the die at an angle to create "the lace"
- brushed over that with some Twisted Citron and set it aside
- On another piece of white CS I stamped the pretty floral decorations from Frames and Flowers stamp set
- placed that over the lacy edged piece
- added a thin strip of yellow CS
- Cut three layers of Blessed word die from yellow/orange CS and glued them together
- Trimmed off the "ed" to for the word BLESS
- Stamped YOU onto a thin strip of white CS and added the diecut BLESS to make a small sentiment panel.
- Layered some patterned paper to a cardbase and added my Handkerchief and sentiment panel.
- Finished with a few yellow sequins on the lace:)
Hope you enjoyed today's cards featuring Lacy Edges and Borders - CUTplorations!
Remember to stop by STAMPlorations to find the list of other designers highlighting the dew dies and Comment for a chance to win!!
ONE (1) winner of a $15 gift certificate
ONE (1) winner of her choice of either Lacy Edges or the Winter & Spring Stitched
Winners will be randomly drawn from comments left on the
STAMPlorations blog and designers' blogs
Thanks for stopping by!