Hello everyone! I'm very excited to be joining Altenew for their MAY 2018 Stamp/Die Release Blog Hop! If you are hopping along you should be arriving from Flora Monika Farkas' BLOG.
To say I got carried away with playing/creating with the new May release, would be an understatement! However, can you blame me?!! This is one FABULOUS line-up of goodies!
WARNING****This is a photo heavy post:))
Here are my cards:
For my first card I created with the BRIDE -To -BE stamp set. So excited to find the floral images to be very much like the flowers from the RifflePaperCo.
I inked a one layer card, using Crisp Inks: Dew Drops, Aqualicious, Maple Yellow, Honey Drizzle, Coral Berry, Rouge, Pink Diamond, Cosmic Berry, Sweet Leaf, Parrot, and Frayed Leaf.
I created an oval stencil with Create-A-Wreath as a guide and added dots with Artistic Markers: B002, and B227
This second card features the Bride To Be Stamp Stamp & Die Bundle:LOVING how different the BRIDE -To -BE set can look simply by adding a personal touch of coloring with the Artistic Markers after stamping the first solid images only! using skills learned in the For the LOVE of COLOR class Altenew Academy, I worked to keep that bit of white highlight for added dimension and interest on each bloom.
The GOLD frame is the new Fine Frames Rectangles Die; all arranged nicely on a panel cut with the DOTTED SCALES DEBOSSING coverplate die.
Moving on to the SCRUMPTIOUS new Garden Silhouette Stamp & Die Bundle,
I created two similar, yet different cards inking with Crisp Inks, spritzing with water and stamping with a MISTI tool. A technique I learned in class at Altenew Academy's CREATIVE WATERCOLOR MEDIA..Garden Silhouette has a background of the new Rustic Linen Stamp Set, inked with SAND DUNES crisp ink. The Creative Edges: Lace Die is the perfect delicate base for the vases to rest on:) LOVE that scripty font of the thanks sentiment one of many in the set.
Garden Silhouette Stamp & Die Bundle has a tone-on-tone look to it by adding the Fine Frames Rectangles Die, once again in gold, layered with a white Mandala Die, trimmed down, and the Shutter cover die, cut from natural paper and matted on the same natural paper.
That sweet tag is made using Dot Labels Stamp & Die Bundle.
The next card features the FABULOUS layering set aptly named Fabulous Floral Stamp Set.
I was overcome with giddy giggles when stamping with this one:)) each layer is so pretty added to the one before! The guide on the packaging makes this set one of the EASIEST layering sets I have worked with to date!
Simply inked with Crisp Inks: Cherry Blossom minis, Shades of Purple, Pocketful of Sunshine minis, and Sea Shore minis. Once I stamped my arrangement with a hint of masking, I fussy cut the whole thing out and popped it onto an A2 sized panel stamped with the new Rustic Linen Stamp Set, inked and sponged with Maple Yellow and Honey Drizzle. Just a touch of gold glitter Nuvo Drops smeared around the edges finished the card.
Just one more New stamp set that I created with for today's post: CROWN BLOOM, it IS a Beauty of a stamp set too!
- I heat embossed two large blooms of the outline layer from CROWN BLOOM with Antique Silver and then stamped the 4 remaining shaded layers with Crisp inks found in the Cherry Blossom mini set. Then I fussy cut and layered them together with Foam adhesive tape.
- Next, I stamped all three layers of the lovely Leaf, three times using Tropical Forest mini set, fussy cut those out too. There are Coordinating dies for this set.
- On an A2 sized card base I placed a strip of the Watercolor Strokes Washi Tape, making sure to get more of the pnk watercolor showing...now I realized the pinks weren't quite the same tone as my CROWN BLOOM, so I quickly ran the corner of the PINKOLICIOUS mini pad behind the washi to brighten it up:))
- For more interest, I heat embossed the sweet posy in the CROWN BLOOM set so it would peek out from behind the arrangement.
- Stamped never lose with Caribbean Sky
- Die-cut and stacked three layers of HOPE from the cardstock inked with set RUBELLITE
- To finish the card I added three of the negative cut strips from Gradient Stripes Cover Die, inked with Caribbean Sky
And one final card for today with the Regal CROWN BLOOM stamp set, colored with Artistic Markers: Y204, Y205, B002,G702 and just a kiss of Ziggy markers for more Beautiful Details.
- I fussy cut the Bloom and Leaves and created a long stem.
- Then layered it on top of a panel selectively stamped with the Rustic Linen Stamp Set and the Posy from the CROWN BLOOM set.
- For added interest an Element of HENNAH is Embossed with Caribbean Sky Crisp Embossing Powder.
- LABEL LOVE had the perfect sentiment to complete the card.
- After assembling the card I decided a darker line of color was needed on the very left side., Artistic Markers to the rescue! WG03, B204, and B313
I LOVE how this turned out and I was able to practice adding several personal touches as learned from the Beautiful Details class at Altenew Academy.
If you've made it all the way through this post; Thank you SO MUCH for hanging in there! It was a blast creating with Altenew's MAY Release! Your next stop on the hop is Michelle at The Card Grotto.
Here are the HOP DETAILS:
To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 6 lucky winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or Altenew Scrapbook Blog by for a chance to win. 6 winners will be announced on the Altenew blogs on .
AND a Giveaway for commenting here:
I will choose a winner from comments left on this post to receive a $30 gift certificate and announce the winner by
Blog Hop Order: Please add a link to the person before and after you in your post. You are encouraged to include the full list as well.
Laura Jane <<<you are here:)
Thanks for stopping by!
****I am part of Altenew's affiliate program. Which means I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you every time you click through and purchase product(s) linked in this post. Thank you for your support!