Find me on these platforms

Guest Post for Altenew Card Blog +Video





Somebody Pinch me! No, don't! I'm really enjoying this Dream:)))
I'm Guesting over at the Altenew Blog today with a very Stitchy Post. Please join me over there to see inspiration with Thread and Altenew Stamps.  I'll be mentioning tips learned along my journey stitching on stamped images.
 AND there's a video too, eeek!  You can check out the entire post on the Altenew Blog if you're interested! 

Here's a quick peek of what I'm sharing using Needlework Motif.




Watch the video below or in HD on my YouTube channel


Also, here's a  sneak peek of a quick stitchy project:)) to get you thinking about you stamps in a whole new way! This is Capture Moments, a mini set from Altenew.

A big squishy thank you hug to the Altenew Team for inviting me to Guest Design!

GIVEAWAY:
Altenew is graciously offering to sponsor a $20 gift certificate to their store! I will randomly choose a winner from comments left on this post, right here:)) Let me know if you like my Stitching projects. winner will be announced after October 23, 2018.


Thanks for stopping by!
You can find me:
Instagram @mammacooksalot  

YouTube: Mamma LauraJane.

****I am part of Altenew's affiliate program. Which means I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you every time you click through and purchase product(s) linked in this post. Thank you for your support!









9 comments:

Carol Rossouw said...

Laura I have loved your beautiful colouring and the cards you make with them ever since I first came across them. Your stitched art us just as beautiful. Thanks for sharing this technique. I have always loved stitching: From cross stitching to candle wicking to ribbon embroidery, and now to stitching on cardstock. Like you, I also love beautiful flowers and Altenew's gorgeous flower sets have made it possible for me to also make beautiful art. What a blessing!

mindy1414 said...

I have not done embroidery in many years but this is awesome! Thanks for the video and for the tip on coloring the image on paper then deciding on floss colors and all the excellent tips you included on the Altenew blop post. I may have to get out my old hoops and floss (yep, I save everything lol) and give this a try, thanks for the inspiration.

Karen said...

Laura - Thank you for inspiring me to bring my embroidery skills back into my creative world. I still remember embroidering my first project at age 5, which was a white kitten in a basket full of yarn. Over the years I progressed to smocking children's clothing, and most recently card making. What a gift you have given me to be able to use your techniques to combine thread with Altenew's great products!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Post Dear!!

Personalized gifts online

Debbie Rumpza said...

I LOVE your stitching posts! I used to cross stitch quite a bit but have not done so for years. I've moved into crochet now. I love the way you use the stamps to embroider! Gorgeous!

Annalisa said...

I love your stitching projects. Though I have been wondering, what kind of fabric do you stamp on? Is it a muslin? I used to embroider, but I haven't done it in a while because I didn't think there was much crossover between my stamping and my embroidery. You've taught me otherwise.

Also, I just wanted to mention that I think it's so smart to limit yourself to the colors of markers you have. I have a problem with too many choices when it comes to colors sometimes, and this seems like a really effective way to keep that under control.

Lisa Byers said...

I love your embroidery. You do such beautiful work. I would have never thought to use stamps though. I do cross stitch, my first love, and it has given me some great ideas. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Andrea Hastilow said...

You're very skilled with embroidery, I have that as a stamp set but Yo uve made a very pretty needle work from it, never thought of that.

deb said...

Beautiful!! The washi Tape Is amazing! Thank you for the inspiration!!