Find me on these platforms

Spellbinders - October Glimmer 2019 Release


Hello Friends!

I have a GLIMMER ALL OVER card for you today featuring products from the Spellbinders - October Glimmer 2019 Release and using the Glimmer Hot Foil System . I'm in love with how this turned out; chippy, colored with alcohol markers, and layered! I had the pleasure of creating with three new release Glimmer Plates and dies for this one..

  1. Glimmering Butterflies Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set
  2. Glimmering Layered Flowers Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set
  3. Hello Dear Friend Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set   
Plus, I threw in a negative foiled panel left from this card using The Contessa's Seal Panel Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Royal Flourish by Becca Feeken. You can check out that post by clicking here.



I found that Press 'n Seal makes a cool texture/pattern on the foiling by lifting some of the foil off of the hot foiled element..so If you don't like the chippy look, don't use Press'nSeal to hold your collage cluster together for placement.


I especially liked working with the smaller Glimmer plates and the coordinating dies because it gave me more room to mix up the Foils. Most of the foils were bits and pieces, , on the edge or center from previous foiling sessions.
The foil colors I used were:
Polished Brass GLF-024... for the background
Starburst GLF-029... Flowers and leaves
Tangerine GLF-018...for the Butterfly and Hello sentiment

To make the card:
  • hot foiled several butterflies, flowers and leaves with the Glimmer Hot Foil System  
  • die-cut everything using the coordinating dies 
  • added a touch of color to the flowers using the Altenew Artist Markers
  • hot foiled the Hello and sentiment 
  • die-cut 3 layers of the hello and stacked them together for dimension
  • played with an arrangement that was pleasing
  • bent the butterfly wings up by gently folding in the middle
  • glued everything onto the reverse hot foiled background panel using Tombow Mono liquid adhesive
  • lifted/curled the petals and leaves up for more with my fingers interest
  • glued the tiny white dots from the leaves die in the center of each flower
  • layered the finished panel onto pattern paper and adhered it to a card base


Hope you enjoyed looking at my card  as much as I LOVED creating it:))

You can find all these new Spellbinders - October Glimmer 2019 Release items in the shop now!
Glimmering Butterflies Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set
Glimmering Layered Flowers Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set
Hello Dear Friend Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today..Hope you are inspired to #NeverStopMaking!

LauraJane :)


P.S. I am part of the affiliate program at SPELLBINDERS, so any purchase you make by clicking a link helps fuel my crafty addiction..at no extra cost to you!

You can also find me:
Instagram @mammacooksalot  
YouTube: Mamma LauraJane

No comments: