Find me on these platforms

Guest Designer for Altenew Card Blog - December 2019- Featuring the Dedcadent Dodecagram Creativity Kit

Hello, I am so excited to be GUEST posting on the Altenew Card Blog today with the Decadent Dodecagram Creativity Kit!!  Choose any of the Creativity Kits to jump start lost creative mojo. They make the perfect gift for beginner and seasoned paper crafters alike. I'd be so happy if you would stop over there and leave some love too:)))

Dodecagram stamp set was one of my very first purchases from Altenew, and one that has been neglected by me for some time. So, I was happy to find a Creativity Kit featuring that stamp set along with Dodec Cover Die and Deca Star Die Set. Creating without flowers would be a challenge but I was up for it :) The Warm Spring Crisp Ink collection has some of my favorite colors in it so I knew that would be a great start.

My goal was to use the supplies that are in the kit exclusively so that you could see how truly versatile this kit is, without adding too many other items. Besides the 110 LB White cardstock, I added the Obsidian ink for sentiments. Rose Gold EP and Crystal Clear EP, Artist Markers: R328, S...Oh yes, and one Enamel Dot.


There are 5 cards to share using the Decadent Dodecagram Creativity Kit so let's get started! 

All the items you see below are in the Decadent Dodecagram Creativity Kit

For for my first card: 

I took the Decagram stamp set and stamped a one layer card using all the inks. Skipping the outlined images allowed me to actually create what I thought were flowers or firework bursts, something very celebratory! This set works great for birthday cards, and mixing it up with other color combos can easily be made into a masculine card. With the three main sentiments of, thank you, celebrate, and congratulations; this is a very well-rounded stamp set covering most any sentiment needs.


*************************************


Next I realized that the Dodec Cover die coordinated with a few of the stamps in the Decagram Stamp set.

 I dry embossed the cover died onto white cardstock and then had a template of where to position the stamps to show through a top lying cover die colored with the yellow inks in the set.

************************************

Moving on to the Dodec Star die:


To make this card:

  • I blended a panel of all four ink colors which creates a really pretty Coral color. 
  • Cut the largest Dodec Star from that panel.
  • Lightly brushed a card front with the Coral Berry using a Dodeca Cover Die cut as a stencil.
  • Adhered the little pieces on top of the stenciled panel.
  • Carefully peeled the outline Diecut piece of the star off'
  • Embossed the outline with the Rose Gold EP 
  • Glued that over the tiny pieces for an inlaid look.
  • Embellished with a tiny rose gold embossed center piece from the Cover die.
  • Finished with the sentiment panel embossed with Rose Gold as well.



*****************************
For the fourth card I wanted to create a faux layered look using the Dodec Cover die

I found the perfect instructions for this technique from Jennifer McGuire.
I quickly inked four panels of A2 size cardstock with each of the four in colors in Warm Spring ink collection in the kit. Then die cut each of them and layered them together for a super quick and easy card. Adding three sentiment strips of thank you kept the faux layered background as the star of the card.

*********************************
And for my final card

I used blending brushes to softly ink all four colors onto a card front panel. Added double-side stick tape to the back then ran it through my die cut machine with the Dodec cover die for a really fun textured background. I then popped out a few of the smaller pieces at the top of panel to create the look of a pretty ribbon. Both DecaStar dies made a stunning bow to complete the card.


I have compiled a video showing these cards coming together for easier visualization :)) 







That's all for me today. I Hope you are encouraged to look at the Decadent Dodecagram Creativity kit! Take a peak at ALL the Creativity Kits as well. click here to see all 66 of them....


Thank you Altenew for inviting me to create for you today. It was a Pleasure!


Thank you for stopping by today. Happy Crafting!!


LauraJane :)

You can also find me:
Instagram @mammacooksalot
YouTube: Mamma LauraJane
Pinterest: MammaLauraJane


****I am part of Altenew's affiliate program. Which means I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you every time you click through and purchase product(s) linked in this post. Thank you for your support!


FREE U.S. shipping with code: USFREE
or $5 OFF international shipping with code : SHIP5OFF  at checkout.

Current Altenew Promotions Page: find all the current deals and promotions at Altenew in one place!

No comments: