Hello Altenew fans, it's December 1st :) and the most beautiful (in my opinion) Buid-A-Flower set is being released today! Introducing the BAF:POPPY.
Beautiful Poppies dancing in the breeze:)
To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $30 gift certificate to 5 lucky winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog for a chance to win. Five winners will be announced on the Card Blog on 12/9/2018.
Take a look at the multi-step layering guide below. This really is a simple set to line up, achieving two different sizes of detailed poppy blooms.
|Poppy Layering Guide|
To make the card:
- Yellow Poppy: Peach Perfect, Citrus Burst, Warm Sunshine, Parrot, and Olive for the center
- Two Peachy Poppies: Caramel Toffee, Sunkist, Peach Perfect + Blush, Fresh Lemon, Honey Drizzle, and Parrot for the center
- Stems and Leaves: mix of Parrot, Bamboo, and olive
- Then die-cut them out using the coordinating dies.
- The tiny flower clusters are heat embossed with Antique Gold Crisp Embossing Powder. Even those lovelies have coordinating dies to make it easier to cut out:) YAY!!
- I quickly colored them in with the Artist Markers.
- Then popped the Poppies and several stems onto a White cardfront trimmed to 4" x 5.25" that had the Kind Confetti Stamp Set heat embossed with Antique Gold Crisp Embossing Powder as well. Then matted it with an A2 panel with edges ombre colored with Artist Markers to perfectly match the fresh poppies!
- Selectively inked the sentiment with Corral Berry and heat embossed BLOOMIN' in Gold, trimmed it to a thin strip and snuggled it under the leaves and stems
My next card was inspired by the lovely Therese Calvird and her card from this video, using an Embossed with Dies technique, which gives an elegant look, but is most difficult to photograph!You can see a hint of the Embossed with Dies technique in the photo below.
To make the card:
- Skipping the solid image layer of the poppies gives a more airy look. These are inked with Peach Perfect and Rouge on an A2 white cardfront to make a background
- Then used the coordinating dies to emboss around each bloom for subtle texture. see the video by Therese for more details on the technique.
- I created a dainty frame with several tiny flower clusters from Build-A-Flower: Poppy heat embossed with Antique Gold Crisp Embossing Powder which were left over from the first card
- Then added accent Create-A-Wreath Die Set branches embossed with Translucent Pearl Crisp Embossing Powder
- Placed a tiny white tag, dotted with Rouge Artist Marker inside the "frame"
- Layered the hello die from Flower Arrangement., colored with Bamboo crisp ink on top
- Nestled the sentiment banner inked with Bamboo under the "hello"
- Wrapped it up with Gold metallic Thread
I hope you are inspired by my cards today! Your next stop on the hop is Jung AhSang.
Don't forget to leave a comment here on my post for a chance to win a $20 GC at Altenew. I will announce the winner right here by 12/6/2018.
Edited for winner:
And the winner is...
YOU are Here>> Laura Jane<<YOU are Here
|Build-A-Flower: Poppy & Ink Bundle: (5% discount)|
Enjoy the rest of the hop!!!
Hope your Day is Blessed
****I am part of Altenew's affiliate program. Which means I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you every time you click through and purchase product(s) linked in this post. Thank you for your support!
Worth checking out!Altenew 20% Off the Artist Markers : Click here
Current Promotions Page: find all the current deals and promotions at Altenew in one place
Don't forget to look at the Altenew Clearance Page