Hello Flower lovers!
The set has a handy layering system for each of the three blooms. I will be stamping with the lovely blue ink collection Cool Summer Night color palette for these two cards, along with my favorite Greens... Frayed Leaf, Olive, and Moss Crisp inks.
Build-A-Flower: Bellflower onto a card front and then stamped a second of each then cut them out with the coordinating dies in the set. Popped them up with foam tape onto the cardfront for a 3 dimensional card. I then added some Freeform Greenery to fill in the arrangement.
Bubbly Blues Washi Tape made a great accent for the Congrats die cut sentiment.
Here is a video share of this card coming together:)) You can see it on my IGTV or on YouTube. Thanks for watching!! I've been filming vertically so the format is more IG friendly...that is why the ratio is 9x16.
- I cut several of the coordinating dies from printer paper to make masks
- Using an A2 white card front
- Stamped a stem using Frayed Leaf
- I then stamped a group of three blooms.... adding masks as I went along.
- The Bellflower layers are labeled for easy color building:
- *A1 & A2 Seaglass
- *A3 Ocean Waves
- *A4 Dusk
- Then I stamped a second group of Blooms using a different combination of inks:
- *A1 Sea Glass
- *A2 Soft Lilac ....and then again in Iceberg
- *A3 Ocean Waves *
- *A4 Dusk
- Stamped more Stems: Frayed Leaf, Olive, and Moss
- Ink Blended Frayed Leaf with a brush
- By smooshing inks onto an Acrylic block and flicked a wet brush off the edges to add tiny splatters
- Remove all the masks
- Die cut HELLO from Gold and Green cardstock
- Offset the diecuts for a shadow effect
- Stamped LOVE with my favorite BLACK ink and cut it out
- placed both sentiments onto the card front
- Ink 1/4" of the edge of a cardbase with the black Obsidian Pigment Ink
- Layered the finished cardfront just to the side to allow the black to be seen
*******Just for fun, I created this last card because I thought the BAF: Bellflower looked like my yellow hat...perfect for Tea Time with the Chicks!!
Tea Time and Chick image with Buttercream Crisp ink, then no-line colored with the Artist Markers. I love that the Enamel Dots coordinate perfectly with the Inks:)))
I hope you enjoyed my cards today featuring the Build-A-Flower: Bellflower and a few older stamps and dies:)))
To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $30 gift certificate to 6 lucky winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or Altenew Scrapbook Blog for a chance to win.
Altenew will also draw a winner to receive a $15 gift certificate from the comments left on each designer’s blog on the blog hop list below. All winners will be announced on the Altenew blogs on 8/10/2019.
Continue hopping along, your next stop is...Mindy Eggen.
LauraJane <<<YOU are Here
|Bundle at 5% off:|
Thanks for taking time to stop by. Hope you are inspired to create something you LOVE!
****I am part of Altenew's affiliate program. Which means I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you every time you click through and purchase product(s) linked in this post. Thank you for your support!
FREE U.S. shipping with code: USFREE
or $5 OFF international shipping with code : SHIP7OFF at checkout.
Current Altenew Promotions Page: find all the current deals and promotions at Altenew in one place!