Find me on these platforms

Spellbinders Holiday Glimmer


Two questions... 

  1. Have you started you Christmas card making yet? 
  2. Do you Glimmer? and by Glimmer I mean add foiling to your papercraft projects.
Today I have some I ideas to share with you regarding answers to both of these questions. If you have been following my blog this month you may have seen that YES, I have started making Christmas cards..thanks to the arrival of the Spellbinders October Card Kit of the Month: SPARKLING HOLIDAYS. 

  1. You can see my first 5 cards featuring that kit by clicking HERE
  2. And a second set of 5 cards using the same kit and Glistening Holiday Glimmer by Becca Feeken collection posted HERE.
So that makes 10 Christmas cards finished..and then add today's 3 quick cards..and I'm feeling well on my way to conquering the Holiday card making list :)))



Two products from the Spellbinders Holiday 2019 Glimmer  collection were given to me to create with for today's post. Once again, I reached for the SPARKLING HOLIDAYS card kitthen added the lovely kiss of GLIMMER!

Take a look:
Capturing in photos, the true beauty of the Glimmer Hot Foil is something that eludes me...but IRL they are so pretty!
*********************************************************************************
The first two cards are made with same glimmer plate called Reindeer Games.

Reindeer Games Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Holiday 2019

Reindeer Games 


To  make the card below, I started by using with the Reindeer Games Glimmer plate and hot foiled with Rose Gold foil, onto white 110lb. Neenah Solar White CS, according to normal Glimmer foiling instructions.
I trimmed the foiled and Reindeer Games panel down and layered it with papers from the Card kit.  The pink solid CS is DIE CUT with a die from the Nesting Frame Etched Dies PA Scribe. Then I embellished with a glitter deer found in the kit and some carnation pink Crystal Nuvo Drops.
*********************************************************************************
Not wanting to waste the negative foil left from the first card..I reheated the Glimmer base and added the proper shimms to foil again, this time without the glimmer plate though, onto white CS, using the method found in this post. The results gave a chalkboard effect that paired perfectly with the frame dies from EXPRESS YOURSELF KOM.

 *papers and die-cut embellishments form past kits..

Here are the two cards side by side:
I think them to be a very festive pair!!
******************************************************
For the final card I used Holiday Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Holiday 2019 which has eight word plates and one Etched die.
Holiday Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Holiday 2019
Holiday Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Holiday 2019

 To make this card I used the Etched die to cut strips of pattern paper from the kit and a panel of failed foiling, ( no need to throw away those mishaps!) Then I covered the back of a negative die cut snowflake panel with those strips, for a pretty pattern/glimmery decorated focal point. All that was needed was the GLIMMERED sentiment strip added over the top.

Can you see how I used the leftover "FRAME" from the very first card? Cut from three different colors of CS then layered together, making a big impact without much effort and no wasted paper.

Well that's all for me today! Hope I have inspired you to get started making those Christmas and Holiday cards early :))) And maybe got you thinking on how to use the SB Glimmer Plates on your projects.


Thanks for stopping by!

LauraJane :)


P.S. I am part of the affiliate program at SPELLBINDERS, so any purchase you make by clicking a link helps fuel my crafty addiction..at no extra cost to you!

You can also find me:
Instagram @mammacooksalot  
YouTube: Mamma LauraJane

#SpellbindersClubKits #NeverStopMaking #Spellbinders

  


No comments: